From my original answer to the Quora Question: How different would “Harry Potter” and “A Song of Ice and Fire” be if they were written by George R.R. Martin and J.K. Rowling respectively?
A Song of Ice and Fire by J.K. Rowling? How about the Jon Snow Heptalogy?
- Jon Snow and the Night’s Watch recruitment
- Jon Snow and the Wildings North of the Wall
- Jon Snow and the Winter who was coming
- Jon Snow and the battle of the Half-blood princes
- Jon Snow and the Order of the Dragon
- Jon Snow and the battle of with You-Know-Who King
- Jon Snow and the dream of a Spring
Warning Jon Snow Heptalogy spoilers below. Read in your own discretion:
- Jon Snow lives under Eddard Stark’s Cupboard Under the Stairs. He is the half-blood brother to rest of the Eddard’s children and he is verbally abused by the Eddard and Catelyn Stark for being a burden since he was adopted.
- Jon receives a raven letter that he has been admitted to Castle Black the Stronghold of protection up North. Eddard does not allow him go there, until Benjen Stark, the gatekeeper of Castle Black, convinces Eddard that it is Jon’s destiny to become a brother of the watch.
- Jon is a kind of celebrity in Castle Black and everyone knows him by his name. He quickly starts breaking rules like going out in the dark past bedtime, eating candy on Wednesday’s and this kind of crazy things. He has a gang comprised by Sam Tarly, Edd Tollett, Pypar and Grenn.
- Due to a truth or dare challenge Jon is “dared” to leave Castle Black without being seen and to becomes friends with the Wildlings. He succeeds and manages to find Ygritte a wildling red-headed girl with which he falls in love with.
- Jon returns to the wall to prove that he has won the dare challenge. He is celebrated by his gang but he is punished by the commander and he is kept in his room with no dinner for many weeks. He sends a raven to Ygritte every evening and then he cries his self to sleep. He receives her reply every morning.
- One morning he receives a letter from Ygritte with the message: “You know Nothing Jon Snow”. That was the end of their relationship.
- The Wildlings want to cross the wall but Jon convinces them not to and to be respectful to the others. That wins him the command-ship in Castle Black after his graduation to the program.
- He decides to avenge his sister Sansa who was bullied by another Half-blood prince, Ramsay Bolton. The two half-blood princes fight in a fierce battle outside Jon’s old hometown. The folk is cheering for him and he manages to teach Ramsay a good lesson. He puts Ramsay in a cell for the rest of his life with dogs guards around him.
- The winter is coming constantly throughout the whole storyline.
- In the meantime, the You-know-who King arises in the North and he wants to spread dark magic all over the known world. Jon heads South and he meets for the first time the “Girl who lived” Daenerys Targaryen.
- Jon and Dany create the Order of the Dragon which will fight against the evil lord of the Night. In the Order they recruit valiant members such as Willys “Hold-the-Dumbledore” Hodor, Arya Stark, Davos “Onion Knight” Seaworth, Jamie “Single-Handed” Lannister and Sandor “Snuffles” Clegane.
- On an epic fight Jon fights the King of the Night which has been weakened by the Order of the Dragon. At the end of the fight the Night King dissolves in the air and Jon is cheered by the smallfolk and the Order of the Dragon. His valliant actions entitle him to become
- the King of the people. He gets married with the Dragon Queen Dany and they live happily ever after.
- Then the spring comes. The end.
PS: JK Rowling would manage to publish the whole “Jon Snow Heptalogy” in less than 10 years. Just saying…
Receive a post daily